In need of a loan but denied by the bank? Hard money loans can provide you with up to 90% of a property’s loan to value. That’s a lot of quick cash.
While hard money lenders in Atlanta, GA aren’t hard to come by, finding the right one is a task you’ll want to take on with care.
If you’re looking for a lender, keep reading for tips on what to look for when choosing the right on.
What to Expect from a Hard Money Lender
If it’s your first time getting a hard money loan, then you probably have a lot of questions about the process and what to expect.
If you know you need this type of loan because you can’t receive other forms of funding, then you’ll need to move on to the next step: understanding the process.
Hard money lenders manage the process from start to finish, and this includes things such as:
- Create your loan package after you provide them with income and credit proof
- Order titles and other legal documents
- Find the best hard money loan rates for you
- Provide you with accurate federal and state disclosures
- Order a real estate appraisal
- Create the loan documents
- Manage the loan settlement (which includes verifying payoff)
While this might sound like a comprehensive package you’re getting, you’ll still need to be smart about how you pay off your debt.
Choosing Hard Money Lenders in Atlanta, GA
When looking for hard money loans in Atlanta, it’s important to go with a company that ticks off the following:
- Good Rates: Ensure the company isn’t charging premium rates for loans. Hard money lenders should offer lower rates for longer-term loans.
- Fair Fees: You’ll obviously need to pay for the service, but they shouldn’t charge you more than about 3%.
- Loan Terms: Hard money loan terms are usually set for 12 to 24 months.
- Qualifications: Most Georgia money lenders require a minimum credit score of 500. If you go with a good lender, they’ll give you a proposal without a credit check.
- Time: The best hard money lenders will give you a decision pretty fast. Don’t count on a company if they take longer than two weeks to give you a personalized loan proposal.
- Quality Service: When dealing with financials, it’s important to speak with humans. Never opt for a robo-adviser or someone you can’t speak with personally. Don’t forego quality customer service when dealing with online lenders.
- Local: Local lenders will undoubtedly be better at assessing the local real estate market.
- Reviews: Be sure to take a look at the reviews of other customers to see what they had to say about their experience.
There are pros and cons to working with any hard money lender in Atlanta but ensuring that you’ve checked off all of the above will help you find the right one.
Ready to Get Your Loan?
Getting a hard money loan doesn’t have to be a stressful process.
In fact, it can be pretty straightforward and easy when working with the right company. Armed with these tips and the right financial professionals, it should be a breeze.
Ready to start working with some of the best hard money lenders in Atlanta, GA? Apply online today to get a personalized loan proposal without the need for a credit check or income verification.